Herman Cain said he will “set the record straight” at a news conference today after Sharon Bielek and her attorney came forward to accuse him of sexual harassment in 1997.
Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain is vowing to “set the record straight” at a news conference one day after a fourth woman – and the first to reveal her identity – accused him of inappropriate sexual behavior a decade ago, the latest in a string of claims that have rocked his presidential campaign.
“There is not an ounce of truth to all these allegations” and the graphic account from Sharon Bialek is “totally fabricated,” the Georgia businessman told late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel.
Cain planned to address the latest furor Tuesday afternoon in Phoenix as he seeks to stem the fallout of a controversy stretching into its second week.
“I’m going to talk about it,” Cain said, adding “we are taking this head on” – a reversal from just days ago when told reporters he was done answering questions about the matter.
That was before Bialek went on national television Monday and provided a name and a face to what had, until then, been at least three anonymous sexual harassment allegations against Cain. Bialek’s accusations – that Cain groped her in a car after she asked for his help finding a job – spun his unorthodox campaign into an uncertain new territory. (Read More)
Previously: Who is Sharon Bialek?
Update: Stacy believes Cain’s campaign is now in God’s hands. I think he’s right.