Nick Gillespie put together this short video to let you know about the “sequester” and those scary cuts the Democrats keep warning us about.
- The cuts are tiny compared to the overall federal budget.
- They don’t really cut spending. Spending will still be higher.
- The Pentagon’s budget has doubled over the past decade, so cutting a small percentage from its budget won’t be the end of the world.
- Some of the programs being cut don’t even exist anymore.
- This was all Obama’s idea in the first place.
This is just another manufactured crisis which isn’t even a crisis. It’s a farce.
Bonus video: Steny Hoyer said that yes, they could use the proverbial scalpel and cut $85 billion from the budget, but then Obama went out and said there is no smart way to cut the budget. They’re both democrats, so who is telling the truth?