The RedState article describes the kind of outreach and education this group is working on. Mr. KCarl Smith should be a name you immediately recognize and I’m happy to have learned about him and his great work.
As K. Carl Smith explains in his book, Frederick Douglass has provided all Americans with four Life-Empowering Values that, if taught in all communities, could help save America:
- Respect for the Constitution
- Respect for Life
- Limited Government
- Personal Responsibility
Throughout his book, Mr. Smith provides example after example of Frederick Douglass’ writings.
This weekend, RedState Gathering attendees in New Orleans were treated to a short 30-minute summary of Frederick Douglass’ story, his lessons, his values, and his message by his messenger, Frederick Douglass Republican K. Carl Smith.
From the Frederick Douglass Rebuplican website:
In October 2009, KCarl Smith resigned from his motivational speaking career and rededicated himself to defending liberty. This former U.S. Army officer, took on a new challenge- becoming a political agitator. He became the founding servant-leader of The ConservativeMESSENGER.
KCarl began the ConservativeMESSENGER with his flagship presentation, “The Making of A Champion Party” and a unique mantra, A Frederick Douglass Republican™. Inspired by the life of Frederick Douglass and a student of his writings, KCarl narrowed the focus of this grassroots initiative to five specific objectives:
- Re-ignite America’s passion for Liberty
- Save the souls of the Politically Lost (politico-schizophrenics)
- Restore the Republican Party’s Political Distinction
- Change how the GOP relates to minorities
- Create an atmosphere for political dialogue without accusations of racism.
In less than one year’s time, KCarl had perfected the Frederick Douglass Republican™ Methodology, advocating and expounding upon the Life-Empowering Values of Frederick Douglass:
- Respect for the Constitution- “The American Constitution is a written instrument full and complete in itself. No court in America, no Congress, no President, can add a single word thereto, or take a single word there from. It is a great national enactment done by the people, and can only be altered, amended, or added to by the people.” ~ Frederick Douglass
- Respect for Life – Douglass Championed women’s rights and was the face of the Abolitionist Movement.
- Belief in Individual Responsibility – Douglass viewed entitlements as a detriment to freed slaves because it robs one the chance of self-sufficiency
- Belief in Limited Government – Douglass believed the role of government is to protect the freedom of opportunity for its citizens.
KCarl has taken this strategy to Tea Party and Conservative groups across the country, educating and empowering attendees on how to effectively espouse the conservative message, pushing past the veil of assumed racism and Uncle Tom-ism. The result: the birth of the Frederick Douglass Republican™ Movement.
Enjoy your Sunday evening and pray for our nation.